Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week of Magic!

In preparation for the Thursday late-night showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I have been working on a few surprises the lovely daughters of a new friend (and co-owner of Dirty Deeds Soaps!)

They will be joining our group at the Midnight Showing and since they are 13 and 11, I didn't want them to show up and feel left out in muggle (non-magical) attire. So, I want to share with you one of the cloaks I made today.



This one is for Miss Kayla, the first year.

It is not strictly up to Hogwarts standards, but I think it will do quite nicely. It has a wonderful green fabric lining with keys and roses, dark purple stitching, and fitted shoulders.  The clasp isn't sewn on yet, but I think I will do that tonight after I finish sewing Miss Faith's cloak.





These pictures do not do it justice, as the green is actually brighter, and the black is not just shiny but has little silver flecks all over it!  (I am realizing that some of these pictures make it look like a lined trash bag, but it really does look much better in person!)


This is the part that I am most excited about... The cloak has a pocket!

Parchment, quill, wand, whatever you need, you now can carry with you! Conveniently located on the inside left of the cloak, right at the right pocket level for an 11-year-old!






  I really hope Miss Kayla will like her new wizarding costume and that she will have a great time with us at the movie!

Until the next post... Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment