Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Centration

About 3 or 4 years ago, I painted a painting. I had not painted anything in a very long time... It was something that just came pouring out of me and I couldn’t control it. I have worked on the painting intermittently and it has been ‘finished’ several times.


It has always been something that made me feel accomplished, something that brought me peace, and when people have asked about a price, I’ve always told them ‘It’s not for sale.’




Recently however, when I look at the painting and consider it, I feel… nothing. No aversion, no love, not hate, no wonder, no longing, no inspiration… just nothing.




This indifference has made me realize that I have moved on from what it represented to me and that (perhaps) it could better serve someone else. I still like it and respect it for what it represented to me for so long, but I don’t feel for it anymore and I am no longer particularly attached to it.


So, I present to you… “Centration” the price has yet to be determined, but it will include the painting (original and no prints have been made) signed by me, a brief written history of myself and the events that led to the creation of this painting, and whatever else I decide to put with it.






If you are interested, please let me know by email: Courtney.Roper@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment