Monday, April 25, 2011

The Robin Easter Bonnet

I decided Saturday that I wanted an Easter Hat. I know that sounds old fashioned, but I love the concept of having a festive hat to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus.

Now, I celebrate that resurrection everyday, but I think it is wonderful that there is a day to celebrate it openly! How better to accentuate that joy than with bright colors, flowers, and fun hats?!

Well, I decided to not go too flamboyant with my hat, as I have a rather reserved demeanor and want to wear a hat, not have it wear me. So, after searching online for about an hour I came across this lovely hat, and the pattern for it here: Classic Cloche Crochet Pattern from DaPerfectMix!

 I fell in love with the simple elegance of it!
I love the shape, the band, the the simple pattern, the way is curves smoothly... In short, it was exactly what I was looking for.
My dress is a brown square neck, 40's chic inspired dress with large cream polka dots, and I wanted a hat that wouldn't be out of place. This one was lovely and complementary of the time.


Here is the result:

I think it turned out rather nicely!  I really like the color, the band, and the fit.  I wish I had used a thicker yarn, to minimize the appearance of the stitches, but I will definitely be making more of them.


 Let me know what you think!  Do you like it? Do you hate it? If I made some more in a decorative style, would you like to see them in the Dapple Apple shop? Would YOU want one?




 Until the next post, BLESSINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment