Saturday, November 27, 2010

X-mas Gifts, Audio Books, and Turkey...

I apologize for my absence, but this week has not gone as planned. There were some unexpected things going on that left me without much time to write and with even less of relevance to say.

I am still working on the same gift I started on Tuesday, but I am sure that whenever it is finally done, it will be great!  ( I will expound more on this and have some pictures soon!) 



I have discovered a GREAT site that I wanted to share with you all!  It is called Librivox.  
Recently my crochet projects have become more intricate and that makes it impossible for me to watch a show while working. I was lamenting the face that I didn't have anything to just listen to when I remembered Librivox!  Free online books, read by the public and saved and shared, or "acoustical liberation of books in the public domain."

If my writing seems rather formal, it is because I have just finished listening to "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, and I am on chapter 10 of "Sense and Sensibility" by Jane Austen.  It really is a wonderful site and I hope that if you are at all interested in books, you will check it out!  (Both books were read by the talented and crafty curator of A Mingled Yarn.)

In addition to working on the gifts and orders, I did manage to eat my share of turkey, potatoes, mac and cheese, etc, and absolutely the best pecan pie ever this Thanksgiving. With that came the sleepy afternoon napping and the insanely early rising for the best of the Black Friday deals.

Because we don't really need anything (except the money to move) this holiday season, the shopping was light and mostly just for the few things we will use on our holiday trips in December and January. I got all I needed from Joann's and Khol's and only had to wait in line for about 40 minutes.



   Above are the sweaters I found for myself, and I did something I never do... I tried on the pink ones!  I don't typically like pink, but it was the only striped on they had left in my color and so I thought, "Why not?" and I am so glad, it fit perfectly and was very reasonably priced!  The cardigan was a great choice, too and I am so very happy with both! 


 
 These Sweaters are for my husband, Richard. We both acknowledge that I don't buy them as gifts for him, but gifts for myself that he will wear, but I hope that he will like them at least a bit.
From Joann Fabrics I procured the following treasures for 50% off, and plan to use each of them for various x-mas gifts I have yet to finish!


 Well, that is all I have time to write today, but hopefully I will be more able to write this week!
God bless you all with love and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment