Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stylish Ravenclaw

So, last week my friend and I were wondering what Hogwarts House we'd have been sorted into, had we not bee Muggles. Good for us, there was an online quiz to determine just that.. While she joined the likes of Hermione and Ginny in Gryffindor, I became a Ravenclaw. 
I am happy about that, as logic and justice are things that I greatly value.

   So, I made myself a Ravenclaw Hat!  It is not like the Gryffindor ones from the previous post, because they didn't look right, but I really LOVE the way this on turned out!



This is the finished hat!  As you can see, there are some "claw" shaped stitched at the top, a ripple round the middle and some blue diamonds, then the little scalloped edge.





This is a close up of the "claw" "ripple" "diamond" pattern!  I used two completely different kinds of yarn here, and it created a very interesting contrast.

The brown is a Fiesta Yarn by RedHeart, and the blue is "Dark Country Blue" Simply Soft by Caron.
A hat inspired by the Ravenclaw House at Hogwarts, from Harry Potter. 



The stitches were all experimental and crazy complicated, but they looked so good, I had to persevere. However, I don't anticipate making another one any time soon.

This hat is a different style, with more of a bell shape and looks much better on me then the slouchy ones do with my odd shaped head.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment