Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Go, Go Gryffindor!

 
In preparation for the craft show on the 13th, I am making some Harry Potter inspired accessories!  I have been talking about them for a while, but some of them are finally finished and I am so excited to share them with... everyone!


By Saturday I hope to have made hats to represent all four of the Hogwarts houses, as well as necklaces, earrings, scarves, and maybe even a pair of fingerless gloves...

 
First up on the list was Gryffindor!  I have had several people asking if I was going to make hats, etc for the midnight showing, and so I decided it was the best place to start...

     This first hat was my attempt at a Gryffindor Hat! I took my inspiration from the picture above and I am very pleased with how well it turned out.






This first attempt was good, but the subsequent hats had some improvements.  I have made two since this one and like each of them better than the last. I hope that everyone else likes them, too! 


The next one was another slouchy beret style hat, though instead of the flower center, I went with a more solid one, and more continuity in the pattern.  It still has the "diamond" like shapes, but it has a more symmetrical pattern in each round.







 The newest Gryffindor hat was made for a dear friend and ended up being a more beanie style hat. She really liked it and let me take her picture! 

I've also made a Ravenclaw Hat, but I will save that one for tomorrow's post!

If you are reading from Lubbock, I hope you will come out on Saturday to Downtown Art Market and see us!  If you are reading from afar, please keep us in your prayers Saturday, that we can keep warm and have a great sales day!  May God bless you all!  Come back tomorrow!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment