Saturday, October 23, 2010

Potter Magic Update

So, in anticipation of the next installment of the Harry Potter movies, a friend and I have decided to have a Harry Potter Party!  We will watch the most recent movies, make a Harry Potter Trivia game to play while we wait in line at the theater on Nov. 18, and we will have lots of snacks and food from Harry's magical world!

As I started my research I was feeling a bit insecure about how terribly geeky I was being... but I soon found there are so many Potter party idea sites they make me feel like a Potter-neophyte!  I have gotten recipes for so many amazing & geektastic things!

* Acid Pops (sour suckers covered/served with pop-rocks)
* Cauldron Cakes (brownies baked in cupcake tins with goo centers)
* Butter Beer (Cream soda with butterscotch schnapps)
* Parchment Scroll Sandwiches (Chicken salad wraps)
* Pumpkin Pasties (pumpkin pie fried pies)
* Cockroach Clusters (stick pretzels mixed with peanuts covered in chocolate)* Cheese-warts Wands (a castle made from cheese cubes on short wooden skewers)

For my birthday, I got some amazing chocolate molds, so we will also be having these!



Chocolate Peanut Butter Owls and Chocolate Frogs!  (Though for the actual party, I think I will make the Owls more peanut buttery than these turned out, and I will make the frogs from a mix of milk and dark chocolate.)

These are some of the sites where I found my information:

No comments:

Post a Comment