Friday, October 24, 2008

Greetings!






Well, this is it. Welcome to my new blogging home. I hope that you will join me on this crazy adventure I am about to undertake in starting my own business.


“Why,” you may very well be asking yourself, “would Courtney be leaving her job and diving into what is considered to be a dangerous financial venture when the economy is so uncertain?” (was it scary how I just read your mind?) I know this question because many people have asked me, and I will attempt to answer…

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it is that I need to do with my life. I have been dealing with an abundance of inner turmoil and self-doubt for over a year now. I have a wonderful husband. I have a good marriage and a tolerable job, and yet I still feel as if I am not living up to my potential, as if something is greatly lacking in what I am doing with my life.

I have been mulling over all of my options and talents and I have arrived at a conclusion: God created me for several purposes but one of them is to be creative. He has given me certain abilities and a creative process that allow me to design, make, construct, and paint. Creating things brings me fulfillment and joy beyond any other thing that I have tried as a job. Why work in a job that is miserable and unrewarding, difficult and stressful, when I can work for myself, doing things that make me happy and bring me peace?

Therefore, worldly concepts of an 8 to 5 job and the possibility of promotion and pay increases meaning success are out! The Christian concept of community and using talents to better the world and yourself alongside are IN!

That said… Welcome to the new home of The Dapple Apple! I hope you’ll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment